Jamaica on Thursday recorded eight new COVID-19 deaths, pushing the tally to 607.
The deceased are:
- A 65-year-old male from St. Elizabeth.
- An 80-year-old male from St Elizabeth
- A 69-year-old male from St Elizabeth
- A 73-year-old male from St Elizabeth
- An 84-year-old male from St Elizabeth
- A 79-year-old female from St Elizabeth
- A 70-year-old male from Kingston and St Andrew
- An 82-year-old male from St Catherine.
One other death is under investigation.
Meanwhile, there were 424 new cases with ages ranging from one year to 93 years, pushing the total to 39,967 with 21,229 being active.
Of the new cases, 176 are men and 248 are women.
In the meantime, there were 136 more recoveries, increasing the total to 17,861.
Some 426 persons are in hospital with 39 being moderately ill and 52 critically ill.