Jamaica on Friday recorded six more COVID-19 deaths, pushing the tally to 613.
Those who have died are:
- A 30-year-old male from Westmoreland
- A 59-year-old male from Kingston and St Andrew
- A 75-year-old female from Kingston and St Andrew
- An 82-year-old male from Kingston and St Andrew
- An 84-year-old male from Westmoreland
- A 72-year-old male from St. Elizabeth
Eight other deaths are under investigation.
Meanwhile, there were 482 new cases with ages ranging from one year to 97 years, pushing the total to 40,449 with 21,544 being active.
Of the new cases, 218 are men and 264 are females.
In the meantime, there were 153 more recoveries, increasing the total to 18,014.
Some 402 persons are in hospital with 42 being moderately ill and 46 critically ill.