A man who the police said was wanted for multiple murders and shootings in the parishes of St Catherine and St Ann was one of two men who were fatally shot in a reported confrontation with the police on Monday night in St Catherine.
The deceased men have been identified as Ashado McFarlane, otherwise called ‘Boysie’, and Jahmeele Omar Smith, otherwise called ‘Blackman’.
Reports are that a police team from the Counter-Terrorism and Organised Crime Branch (C-TOC) was conducting an intelligence-driven operation in the Duncan’s Pen area of St Catherine in connection with investigation of the kidnapping and suspected murder of 29-year-old restaurant supervisor, Kenroy McPherson.
Using intelligence and a combination of technologies, the team of investigators reportedly moved to intercept a white Toyota Fielder motorcar in which the now deceased men were traveling.
Upon seeing the police, men in the vehicle reportedly fired at the law enforcers and a shootout ensued.
When the shooting subsided, both McFarlane and Smith were found suffering from gunshot wounds. A Remington 12-gauge shotgun was seized.
The injured men were taken to a nearby hospital, where they were pronounced dead.
One of the men who were reportedly in the car escaped.
Investigators have described McFarlane as a contract killer who operated in the parishes of St Catherine and St Ann. In the year 2020 he was said to have been wanted and been sought by the police in connection with eight murders in the Linstead, Bog Walk and Riversdale communities in St Catherine.
Additionally, he was wanted in connection with one case of murder in Ocho Rios, St Ann, and was a person of interest in two other murders.
McFarlane was also wanted by the St Ann police in connection with four cases of wounding with intent, an incident of shooting with intent in which he reportedly fired at three police officers, as well as several robberies in Ocho Rios.
Below is a list of some of the crimes that the police said McFarlane was wanted for:
- The murder of Millicent Fisher Gunn, committed in the vicinity of the National Commercial Bank (NCB) branch, King Street, Linstead, St Catherine on 14.08.2020
- The murder of David Drummond, committed at Palm district, Treadway, Linstead, St Catherine on 16.07.2020
- The murder of Clifton Green, committed at Water Course district, Riversdale, St Catherine on 19.09.2020
- The disappearance of Kenroy McPherson who is now believed to be dead.
- The murder of Steve Brown, committed along the roadway at Orange field district in the vicinity of a football field in Linstead, St Catherine on 21.09.2020
- The murder of Renaldo Williams, committed at Orangefield district in Linstead, St Catherine on 21.08.2020
- The murder of Yashawn Isaacs, committed at Swamp Lane, Bog Walk, St Catherine on 02.08.2020
- The murder of Roshane Chambers committed at Venecia Lane, Bog Walk, St Catherine on the 12.9.2020.
- The murder of Dalvin Alexander, otherwise called ‘Stalkey’, at Apple Avenue, Mansfield Heights, Ocho Rios, St Ann on June 17, 2020.
McFarlane was also reportedly a person of interest in relation to the murder of Rashawn Mahado, which was committed on January 8, 2020 at about 8:45 pm at Mansfield Heights, Ocho Rios, St Ann, and the murder of Jamal Barker, which was committed on March 1, 2020 at about 7:10 pm at Fern Grove, Ocho Rios.